2018 AOSA INFLUENCER
What is an Influencer?
Influencers are people who have built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular topic. They make regular posts about a topic on their preferred social media channels and generate large followings of enthusiastic engaged people.
Why does AOSA have official Influencers?
We need our members to promote Optometry’s Meeting (OM) 2018 and talk about their positive experiences and takeaways from previous years’ meetings. We need to break through the communication clutter that is thrown at students and focus on the amazing experiences being offered to them as AOA/AOSA members.
- Be an AOA/AOSA/state association affiliate Member
- Register for Optometry’s Meeting (OM) by May 1st
- Post a minimum of 10 times on a personal and/or school social media pages(s) relating to a topic provided on the communication calendar between now and July 1st
- Attendance required at the following events/courses:
- AOA+ Keynote Speaker, Alexa von Tobel
- Education course sponsored by Luxottica
- Minimum of 4 Pop-Up sessions
- Attend two of the following:
- Contact Lens Education Course
- Leadership Link
- Vision Rehab Forum
- Poster Session
- One hour of OD CE
- House of Delegates
- Participation in the following OM student events:
- Student Bowl
- Luxottica Live!
Program Completion Incentives
- $250 Stipend (to be awarded post-OM)
- Honorable distinction at schools and colleges from AOA Faculty Liaisons
- Annual AOA+ participation lapel pin
- Annual certificate of completion
- First pick of Leadership Link at OM 2018 (as available)
- Reception invitation to AOSA Spotlight Featuring AOSA Legends
- List their completion on all statements of personal accomplishment, including resume