What makes a conversation memorable? When you enter practice, how will you ensure that your patients retain your critical messages? How creative can you be when explaining a difficult eye condition or disease?
Apply now to be considered for one of two $5,000 Memorable Conversations Scholarships
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Memorable Conversations Scholarship:
- Full-time third year student currently enrolled in an accredited US optometry school
- Student member of their school’s private practice club
- Member of the private ODs on Facebook group (membership must be requested in order to submit video entry)
All application materials must be received by January 31, 2017 in order to be considered. All of the following materials must be submitted to qualify for consideration:
Entry Form, Video & Essay
- Form: Complete the application form found at rendia.com/MCS-apply-now
- Video: Record a video (3 minutes or less) addressing the following prompt: Show us the most creative way you can explain a difficult eye condition/disease without using any traditional medical illustrations or supplies (e.g. plastic eye model, wall chart, patient education brochure). Use non-traditional materials and be as creative as you can! Begin your video with a short introduction including your full name and the school you attend.
- Essay: Write an essay (1,000 words or less) addressing the following prompt: When you enter practice, how will you ensure your conversations are memorable and your patients remember your critical messages?
- Email your essay to MCS@rendia.com and include your full name and institution.
Two scholarship recipients will be selected in two stages:
Stage 1—Six semifinalists will be selected based upon the greatest number of likes on each video submission post within the ODs on Facebook group wall. Semifinalists will be announced by Rendia via a post on ODs on Facebook on February 21, 2017.
Stage 2—From the pool of semifinalists, two finalists will be selected by a panel of judges based on the merit of the combined application materials provided, including the completed application form, essay and video.
Scholarship recipients will be notified via email by March 15, 2017. Payment will be made to the school in which the scholarship recipients are currently enrolled upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines. One-time award of $5,000 each paid to each recipient’s educational institution for use towards the cost of tuition. Monies will be awarded by May 12, 2017.
By application and acceptance of the scholarship, applicants and recipients agree to allow ODs on Facebook and/or Rendia, Inc. to publish their name, video, school information, and any statement(s) provided by the applicants and recipients in a variety of media formats that will announce and promote the scholarship including, but not limited to, website, promotional materials or press release. Application videos will become the exclusive property of Rendia, Inc.
Submissions Accepted: December 1, 2016—January 31, 2017
Voting Period Open: December 1, 2016—February 17, 2017
Semifinalists Announced: February 21, 2017
Scholarship Award Ceremony: ODs on Facebook event during Vision Expo East 2017
If you have questions or need further information, please contact MCS@rendia,com.