Please join us on Thursday, March 26 at 8:00pm CST for a free, live, interactive webinar.
Over the last month, many of you have been directly affected by COVID-19. Whether your class schedules have changed, your clinics have closed, or your national board exams have been postponed, there has likely been a disturbance in your daily schedule. It is important that you follow your respective schools’ protocol and stay up to date with your administrations’ announcements as situations are rapidly changing, as well as follow CDC and state / Federal recommendations to help stay healthy and prevent community spread.
We will continue working on behalf of all optometry students to keep you informed. The American Optometric Association (AOA) is closely monitoring new developments and the impact on our profession and you can find the latest information at their regularly updated COVID-19 resource page.
As we all work through this difficult time, the AOSA would like to offer additional resources to help manage stressful situations, and to turn uncertainty and fear into productivity. We are offering a free, live, interactive webinar sponsored by AOAExcel “Building Resilience in the World of COVID-19” that will cover the following topics:
- How stress impacts our brains as well as our vulnerability to virus
- There’s the virus, and then there’s our thoughts, worries and anxiety around it
- The benefits of focusing on what we can control
- Solutions to build resilience in the world of COVID-19
- Accepting anxiety
- Prioritizing self-care
- What you “feed” yourself matters –How to stay mindfully informed
- Tips for studying from home in chaotic times
- How to stay connected in a world of social distancing
- Micro mindfulness practices for managing fear and anxiety
Please join us on Thursday, March 26 at 8:00pm CST.
Take care, stay healthy, and if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com.